You know when you have found the perfect cocktail dress for your wardrobe. You will find it is so versatile you can wear it for almost any event from a formal evening dinner to a night out on the town. You can find some great Cocktail dresses online so get looking now.
You can’t go wrong with the classic little black dress. There is a good reason why this type of cocktail dress has been a mainstay of fashion for decades. With the right black dress you can flatter your figure and dress up and down for almost any event.
- Add a casual white blazer and some colourful costume jewellery and the little black dress is transformed for a casual summer’s day party.
- Dress up with some gold or silver jewellery and sparkly bolero jacket for an elegant evening look.
- Match with a fitted black jacket and some stylish court shoes for an interview or business lunch.
You can grab attention for all the right reasons by picking a dress that flatters your body shape. This will help you find the perfect cocktail dresses for your looks:
- Pear – the classic pear has a slender torso, small bust and larger hips and thighs. Straight fitted skirts can minimise the outline of the hip area. Choose cocktail dresses that emphasis your bust and neckline to help balance the body. Two toned dresses are also a good idea with the darker colour on the bottom half.
- Hour Glass – this is one of the sexiest shapes but can also be the hardest to dress. The classic hourglass has a trim waist with a big bust and generous hips. Look for tailored fit cocktail dresses that hug and emphasis the natural curves of your body. If you want a more demure look for formal events then opt for a slightly looser fit to de-emphasize your voluptuous curves. Cover up your shoulders and upper arms with 3/4 length sleeves.
- Straight – the classic straight figure has a long slender torso, slim hips and a small bust. To give yourself some more curves look for cocktail dresses that cinch in at the waist and flare at the hips. Detailing at the bust can also help to balance the straight figure.
Cocktail dresses can provide a versatile range of looks for your wardrobe. You can dress them up for evening wear or dress them down for smart/casual daywear.